/ By Anne Zhou / July 29, 2016
Sweeten Weekend Reading Roundup
IKEA’s BARKABODA Herringbone Countertop (via Apartment Therapy)
– Loving this wooden herringbone countertop from IKEA’s new 2017 catalog, but can’t tell if it’ll hold up to real kitchen countertop use.
– We can’t wait to see what’s next from Slash Objects – a Brooklyn-based firm bringing architecture and construction materials to interior objects. More of this, please!
– Sweeten finds: a cement apron-front sink with natural jute fiber from Native Trails.
– Wood planters can make all the difference in a backyard or patio (this sweetened “ultimate urban getaway” shows us how it’s done).
– In case you missed it #ICYMI, an Apartment Therapy commenter says this sweetened Brooklyn kitchen “looks like a home, not a staged set!” Read more about the renovation and product sources here.
Sweeten handpicks the best general contractors to match each project’s location, budget, scope, and style. Follow the blog for renovation ideas and inspiration and when you’re ready to renovate, start your renovation on Sweeten.